Take a break for your mental health!
The NBTF Group Insurance Trustees care about your health!
We are pleased to invite you to join this new health challenge which will be divided in four parts: mental health, nutrition, cancer prevention and physical activity. This month, the proposed activities are linked to the Mental Health Awareness Week, which takes place from October 1-7, 2018.
Participate and get a chance to win a Kobo Aura Edition 2 eReader.
This challenge is intended to all teachers, actives and retirees.
*All activities may be completed individually or in small groups, but only one prize will be awarded among all participants.
Your Group Benefits: Paramedical Practitioners
Members of the NBTF Group Insurance Plan have access to reimbursement for expenses incurred with paramedical practitioners:
- Maximum reimbursement of $700 per person per calendar year: psychologist.
- Maximum reimbursement of $600 per service, per person, per calendar year: speech therapist, massage therapist, physiotherapist, hypnotherapist, athletic therapist, reflexology, registered dietician, podiatrist/chiropodist, chiropractor, osteopath, acupuncturist, naturopath and counsellor*.
* Only the fees of a counsellor with a Master’s degree in Social Work or a Master’s degree in Education with a major in counselling will be reimbursed. Make sure that you validate your counsellor’s eligibility with Johnson Inc. before you pay for your consultations.
Insurance for Supply Teachers
- To join the NBTF group insurance plan, supply teachers must become members of either the New Brunswick Teachers’ Association (NBTA) or the Association des enseignantes et des enseignants francophones du Nouveau-Brunswick (AEFNB).
- Supply teachers become eligible for NBTF group insurance on their first day of supply teaching. No proof of insurability will be required* provided that the teacher has completed the application form within 31 days of the first day of supply teaching.
- The employer’s do not pay the premium for supply teachers.
- In order to continue its coverage, the supply teacher must prove that he or she taught a minimum of 10 days in the previous school year, otherwise the insurance may be cancelled.
If a supply teacher receives a contract, he or she must contact Johnson Inc. as soon as possible to change his or her insurance coverage at 1-888-851-5500.
*Proof may be required for optional life insurance.