My Healthy Routine!
The NBTF Group Insurance Trustees care about your health!
Don’t let the start of the school year settle before integrating one activity to your routine that will help you achieve your fitness goals. Don’t forget that 20 active minutes per day help people live longer and healthier lives! Here are a few ideas to improve your routine:
- Walking. No need for equipment, no cost and can be done at anytime during the day;
- Sitting on a stability ball when watching TV;
- Doing the dishes in a squat position;
- Doing one hour of sporting activity during the weekend (with family or alone);
- Doing stretching exercises when getting out of bed;
- Taking physical activity breaks with your students;
- Trying something new.
Participate for a chance to win a 3-month membership to a gym of your choice!
This challenge is intended for all teachers, active and retirees.
*All activities may be completed individually or in small groups, but only one prize will be awarded among all participants.
The winner of the Get Active challenge is Guylaine Gagnon Losier.
She will receive the Fitbit Inspire HR Fitness Tracker.
Your Group Benefits: Eligibility
You are eligible for Group Benefits if you:
- are a member of the New Brunswick Teachers’ Association or l’Association des enseignantes et des enseignants francophones du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- are an associate member or registered supply teacher of the New Brunswick Teachers’ Association or l’Association des enseignantes et des enseignants francophones du Nouveau-Brunswick.
- are a permanent employee of the New Brunswick Teachers’ Association, l’Association des enseignantes et des enseignants francophones du Nouveau-Brunswick, the New Brunswick Teachers’ Federation, the NBTF Group Insurance Trust Fund or the NBTA Credit Union.
- are a retired teacher.
Your dependents are eligible for coverage on the date you become eligible or the date you first acquire a dependent, whichever is later. You must apply for coverage for yourself in order for your dependents to be eligible.
Termination of Coverage
Your Group Coverage will terminate on the earliest of:
- the date you cease to be an eligible member,
- the date you enter the armed forces of any country on a full-time basis,
- the date the Group Contract terminates,
- the date you reach the Termination Age, or
- the date any required premium contribution is due but not paid.
Your dependent’s coverage terminates on the date your coverage terminates or the date the dependent ceases to be an eligible dependent, whichever is earlier.
Dependent children between the ages of 21 and 27 attending an institution of higher learning are eligible for coverage with proof of full-time attendance at a post-secondary educational institution.
Proof of enrollment is due September 1st for fall enrollment and January 1st for winter enrollment. Proof of enrollment can be in the form of:
- an invoice of tuition paid confirming full-time status
- a letter from the school confirming full-time registration (any associated charges are the member’s responsibility)
- a timetable of courses confirming full-time status
You may submit your proof of enrollment by email, by regular mail, by fax or in person. If your overage dependent discontinues enrollment in a formal education program or graduates, you must notify Johnson Inc. immediately to terminate overage coverage.
For more information, please contact Johnson at 1-888-851-5500.